Mold your future here. It is our goal at Dakota Molding to enhance the profitability of our company, and therefore employees, through the reduction of errors, defects, and waste. We are committed to continual improvement of quality by establishing annual goals and objectives specific in nature.
First shift is Monday – Thursday from 6:00am to 4:30pm. Second shift is Monday – Thursday from 4:30pm to 3:00am
- Leadership: Provides leadership and guidance that is reflective of the mission, vision and core values of the company. Creates a culture of collaboration, teamwork, accountability and innovation through productive and effective relationships.
- Quality Management and Support: Carries out root cause analysis and resolution to customer issues. Respond to customer complaints putting in containment actions and implementing short-term and long-term countermeasures. Champion a program for the implementation and sustainment of a continuous improvement culture. Ensure that all necessary systems and procedures are in place to satisfy all customer requirements and audits. Introduce new systems and procedures where appropriate. Train others in all aspects of the quality system and application of procedures. Undertake internal and process audits of the Quality Management System (QMS). Management of the Quality Engineers and Technicians. Report against agreed quality metrics on a monthly basis. Identify business improvement opportunities within the organization. Identify and deploy the technical skill sets, resource levels and systems to deliver projects, including the engagement of external resources as required.
- Execution: Accomplishes results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures. Develop, implement and manage key performance indicators (KPIs) for each area of responsibility. Set department objectives/KPIs and review and assess ongoing performance of direct reports.
- Relationship Management: Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure optimal performance. Work collaboratively, negotiate and engage with key stakeholders to facilitate delivery and compliance with the Quality strategy. Liaise with customers and suppliers to resolve quality issues. Work as part of the Management team to share ideas and improve operation.
- Continuous Improvement: Assist in providing leadership & direction to all employees, including management team members, in the principles, concepts & executions of continuous improvement.
- Strategy and Development: Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice quality vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve operational performance.
- Financial and Budget Control: Input and hold responsibility for Quality budgets.
- Talent: Attracts, develops, mentors and retains high-performance organizational talent. Assists in the development of personnel through positive reinforcement and coaching techniques.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering is required.
- 5+ years’ experience in leadership or supervision of quality and production employees in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong working knowledge of production processes and systems (including ERP). Strong working knowledge of the materials, methods and practices used in production operations.
- Strong planning, organizational and change management skills and conflict management abilities.
- Must have a collaborative working style that thrives in a cross functional team and matrixed environment.
- Strong inter-personal communication skills; can effectively convey ideas, methods, instructions. Effective oral and written communication skills. Professional communication and demeanor. Ability to present ideas, concepts, issues, concerns, and questions in a well thought out, positive, and professional manner to employees
- Must be skilled at inspiring others. Demonstrated ability to lead teams and develop talent. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others and lead teams.
- A track record of high achievement, exceeding goals and driving results.
- Advanced proficiency in business systems (NetSuite preferred) and MS Office suite