Mold your future here. It is our goal at Dakota Molding to enhance the profitability of our company, and therefore employees, through the reduction of errors, defects, and waste. We are committed to continual improvement of quality by establishing annual goals and objectives specific in nature.
First shift is Monday – Thursday from 6:00am to 4:30pm. Second shift is Monday – Thursday from 4:30pm to 3:00am
Maintenance Mold Technician
POSITION: Maintenance Mold Technician (Weekend Warrior)
PAY: $25 DOE
HOURS: 12 hour shifts, paid for 40 hours.
DAYS: 3 days are Friday, Saturday and Sunday (these are typically down days)
The purpose of the role is to fully develop, implement and execute a comprehensive preventative maintenance program. Dakota Molding currently runs four production days weekly with two 10 hour shifts. The down days are necessary for machine repair, PM and scheduled maintenance. Once the program is fully implemented it is the responsibility of the weekend warriors to insure the PM schedule is conducted and managed to insure the best quality of our machines.
The ideal candidate needs to be able to work weekends, flexible, organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated to get the job done and most importantly have a strong mechanical background.
This position is responsible for the creation of a full preventative maintenance needed on all machines and implementation and execution of PM schedule. The Maintenance Mold Technician ensures that facilities, PM maintenance, repair and storage of molds in order to fulfill the goal of reducing waste and production issues through the use of company approved preventative maintenance techniques.
Our expectation is that every employee:
- Strictly follows safety policies, rules and safe work methods.
- Promptly corrects or reports safety hazards or unsafe conditions.
- Promptly reports injuries for prompt diagnosis and treatment.
- Makes regular suggestions for safety process improvements to support continuous improvements in safety.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Leadership: Provides leadership and guidance that is reflective of the mission, vision and core values of the company. Creates a culture of collaboration, teamwork, accountability and innovation through productive and effective relationships that foster a success-orientated environment while demonstrating a high level of integrity and professionalism. Maintains ethics and integrity congruent to the Company’s mission and values.
- Manufacturing Process: Carries out process improvement, problem resolution, project management and employee training; improves manufacturing processes and methods for cost-reduction, quality improvement and efficiency; prepares and presents plans for the above and coordinate deployment including training of team members; analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow, and designs layout of equipment and work space for maximum efficiency; confers with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods; estimates production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions; confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes; applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential; assists in improving a system of production control, standard operating procedures, safety, quality control and training; performs research, design and development of manufacturing processes including production flow, assembly methods and production equipment; prepares and maintains detailed layouts of buildings and equipment; coordinates the manufacturing launch of new/revised products including establishing goals, training team members and evaluating results; designs, develops and tests and/or sources and cost-justifies various tools, machinery and equipment for recommended manufacturing methods; performs product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement, and improved efficiency; represents manufacturing on cross-functional teams.
- Production Support: Provide support, through capability studies, 5 WHYS methodology, testing, control plans, and other quality tools to aid in quality assurance of mfg. processes. The activities include supporting tool design, setup improvement, mistake proofing, and improve design for manufacturability. Be a leader in applying all “Lean” disciplines to the workplace; through the identification and implementation of new processes and technology.
- Execution: Develop, implement and manage key performance indicators (KPIs) for each area of responsibility. Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the process; setting processing variables; observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources; studying methods; implementing cost reductions; developing reporting procedures and systems; facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points; initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
- Relationship Management: Develop, implement and manage key performance indicators (KPIs) for each area of responsibility. Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the process; setting processing variables; observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources; studying methods; implementing cost reductions; developing reporting procedures and systems; facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points; initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
- Continuous Improvement: Assist in providing leadership & direction to all employees, including management team members, in the principles, concepts & executions of continuous improvement. Drive continuous improvement across manufacturing operations to achieve results. Help develop and prepare tools, processes & policies pertaining to our methods & strategic/core objectives. Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods.
- Strategy and Development: Contribute and support the creation and implementation of best practice manufacturing processes, vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve operational performance. Provide expertise to aid in the development of annual, and long-term business plans.
- Safety: Advances safe work practices and environments. Develops and implements best practices in safe operating procedures and policies to support a safety-conscious work environment resulting in a risk-free workplace. Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Accountability: Collaborates with key members of the management to establish and execute the organizational strategic plan by setting outcomes, tracking progress and attaining goals.
- Leadership Disposition: Demonstrating the traits and dispositions that characterize successful leaders; exhibiting behavior styles that meet the demands of the leader role (engages people, drives towards success, sustains a positive outlook, shows discipling and inspires confidence). Demonstrating an awareness of own strengths and development needs as well as the impact of own behavior on others; modifying behavior based on self-awareness to improve impact (invites feedback and translates insight into action). Leaders are credible (respected, admired), and proactive (have a point of view about the business, challenge assumptions, take initiative).
- Results Driven/Execution: Setting high goals for personal and group accomplishment; using measurement methods to monitor progress toward goals; tenaciously working to meet or exceed goals while deriving satisfaction from that achievement and continues improvement. Hold the business/function and teams accountable for achieving expected results. Repeatedly deliver consistent, high quality results.
- Communicating with Impact: Clear, precise, well organized communications with strong listening skills and presents self and information persuasively and credibly. Puts customer and employee needs ahead of personal wants. Shares information readily, communicates proactively with customers and employees. Errs on the side of over communicating. Recognize how communication affects behaviors.
- Customer Focus (internal & external): Ensuring that customer perspective is a driving force behind decision sand activities; drafting and implementing service practices that meet customers and our employee’s needs.
- Lead with Integrity: Consistently demonstrate the importance of ethics and compliance. Clearly define expectations. Maintain an environment of trust and openness. Admit mistakes and take positive action to correct them. Deliver on commitments. Demonstrate confidence and personal tenacity. Consistently evaluate own ethical leadership.
- Business Acumen: Using economic, market, and industry data to understand and improve business results; using ones understanding of major business functions, industry trends, and our position to contribute to effective business strategies and tactics. Finance professionals are business allies, understanding both the business and external factors that influence success.
- People Leadership: Define structure and accountability to drive performance. Delegate full responsibility and authority to drive business results. Visibly recognize individual, team and organizational success. Foster a culture of learning and development. Create an environment that attracts and retains top talent. Allocating decision making authority and/or task responsibility to appropriate others to maximize the organization’s and individual’s effectiveness. Engage others in setting direction, priorities and objectives to support our vision and strategy.
- Facilitating Change/Change Leadership: Encouraging others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities; facilitating the implementation and acceptance of change within the workplace. Examine assumptions and challenge the status quo. Set expectations for and reward appropriate risk taking. Recognize and communicate the need for change.
- Influencing Others/Gaining Commitment/Alignment: Using appropriate interpersonal styles and techniques to gain acceptance of ideas or plans; modifying one’s own behavior to accommodate tasks, situations and individuals involved (opens discussions effectively, develops others and own ideas and facilitates agreement). Ensure systems and processes support our vision, mission, values and strategy.
Interaction With Others
Regular contact with others, including organization personnel, general public, and visitors. Purpose of contacts is to explain, clarify or interpret information. May handle confidential information and some complex matters. Requires normal courteous interaction and basic interpersonal skills and tact to communicate with others. Non-routine inquiries and/or complaints are referred to others. Other limited external contact may be required to obtain information and/or to make inquiries of others.
Problem solving involves identification and analysis of diverse problems; solutions are often found by reviewing standard technical manuals and/or work procedures and modifying them to apply to the situation. Guidance is usually provided on what source(s) to consult, and decision is reviewed before implementation.
Decision Making and Decision Impact
Varied – Independent judgment is required to analyze problems and perform needs assessments. Uses judgment in adapting broad guidelines to achieve desired result. Regular exercise of independent judgment is used within accepted practices. Makes recommendations that affect policies, procedures and practices. Refers exceptions to policies and procedures to the supervisor. Decision-making impacts outside department/multiple departments.
Performs tasks under general supervision, which is present to establish general objectives relative to a specific project or procedure. Supervision is provided “as-needed”.
Lead a small staff of interns or engineers to plan and execute projects. Provides first-line management to department employees. Allocates resources according to priorities and within budget parameters. Consults with supervisor on operational issues (including fiscal matters) and gathers information/creates performance management documents.
Tasks and responsibilities require integration of diverse functional areas and involve variables that are more abstract. Work is substantially complex and varied, and requires the interpretation of technical and detailed guidelines, policies and procedures in combination.
Physical and Mental Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Working Conditions and Work Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Education, Experience, Licenses and Certifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience in rotational molding production environment required.
- Strong mechanical aptitude; not limited to – installation, replacement, troubleshooting, repair and PM maintenance
- 2 + years’ Kaizen and Lean Manufacturing techniques preferred
- Demonstrated ability to create standard work documentation for best practice manufacturing processes – implementation of comprehensive PM schedule
- Strong working knowledge of production processes and systems (including ERP). Strong working knowledge of the materials, methods and practices used in production operations
- Ability to organize and run work in a timely and effective manner. Advanced organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments
- Ability to work with a variety of cross-functional team members
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong inter-personal communication skills; professional communication and demeanor. Ability to present ideas, concepts, issues, concerns, and questions in a well thought out, positive, and professional manner
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others and lead teams.
- Familiarity with MS Office suite.
This job description is intended to provide general information and describe the requirements of the position. Actual duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may vary based on assignments or projects. This document is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements and does not imply a contract between Dakota Molding, Inc. and the employee. The company retains the right to change the job duties, responsibilities and qualifications as deemed necessary.